Apple Now Sells Refurbished iPhones
For years, Apple has offered refurbished MacBooks, iPads, Apple TVs, and even routers. Now, you can get refurbished iPhone 6S or iPhone 6S Plus directly from Apple.com.
But getting getting a used phone directly from Apple has some distinct advantages:
- The phones directly from Apple include a brand new outer shell and a new battery.
- The refurbished phones includes a 1-year warranty, so if something breaks, you can take it back to an Apple Store or call Apple directly.
- You can get AppleCare+ for it, which will protect against breaking the screen or some other damage.
If you need to get your refurbished iPhone fixed or replaced, just find your local Apple Store as you do with any other Apple product.
When it comes to prices, the Apple refurb prices are on-par with what you will find for “excellent” condition refurbs from Gazelle or Glyde and about $10 less than Best Buy.
Right now, Apple is offering the following models/capacities:
- 16 GB iPhone 6S – $489
- 16GB iPhone 6S Plus – $529
- 64GB iPhone 6S Plus – $589
All models are carrier unlocked and SIM-free, so they’ll work on any network.